My letter to the White House

I sent President Obama an email through the White House web site today. It was the first time I've ever written to anyone in our government. Basically, I asked him to rethink his current plan for stimulating our economy. I let him know I'm a poor, young mom who would like him to succeed, but I don't believe his current plan will help our country. Who knows if anyone on his staff will care what I have to say, but I'm tired of feeling frustrated watching the media. I want someone to hear what I think about his plan.

You can write President Obama, too. Click here for the link.

Comments

Anonymous said…
For me, this has been the coolest "revolution" of politics this year ... that regardless of political inclination, people are getting interested and involved in politics / public policies! Kudos to you for writing ... and thanks for passing on the link.
Great idea Melissa!
Paul and Susan said…
It is impressive that you took the time to write a letter. I am too passive. I need to learn from your example.
Lisa Brown said…
How awesome that you actually wrote him. I guess I should stop complaining and talking to the TV about it and voice my opinions to him in a letter as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

PS. I am finally reading Inkheart - thanks for the recommendation!

Most Read