Our Sabbath day today

There is a song I sang when I was little "Saturday is a special day, its the day we get ready for Sunday." The tune just came back to me as I was sitting down to type this post.
Scott and I were both raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. Both our families were introduced to the church by missionaries. I'm sure you've seen them before - young men in suits with name tags. They volunteer 2 years out of their lives to share their religious beliefs with others. They are spat on, ridiculed and yelled at, yet they also serve the communities they work in and bring joy to many families by sharing the belief that we have a loving Heavenly Father and son Jesus Christ who loves all his children.
Each Sunday, my little family cleans up and goes to church. Generally we are late, and we hide in the back, but we love to be there. Now that we have Soren, I've had so much fun dressing him up and cuddling him through the meeting. He wore his first suit today - although it will probably be the last time until I can find a bigger white shirt (his little belly hangs out).
There is another song that means even more to me now that I have Soren, "Families can be together forever..."
Our belief in Jesus Christ is a huge part of how we live and I'm looking forward to sharing that with Soren. I think many of my friends think I'm mormon because my parents are, but that isn't so. I've actively prayed and decided for myself that I believe in the doctrine of my church. And if anyone wants to ask me more questions about what we believe, I would love to share. See, a person doesn't have to be raised with the beliefs to join my church. You can join any time in your life. And asking questions doesn't mean you are committed to joining. There are a lot of misconceptions that are good to clear up.
It's more than just believing in a deity, it is finding peace in your daily life, finding hope for the future, learning how to love and serve others, and having comfort that you will be with your family and loved ones after this life.
Scott and I were both raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. Both our families were introduced to the church by missionaries. I'm sure you've seen them before - young men in suits with name tags. They volunteer 2 years out of their lives to share their religious beliefs with others. They are spat on, ridiculed and yelled at, yet they also serve the communities they work in and bring joy to many families by sharing the belief that we have a loving Heavenly Father and son Jesus Christ who loves all his children.
Each Sunday, my little family cleans up and goes to church. Generally we are late, and we hide in the back, but we love to be there. Now that we have Soren, I've had so much fun dressing him up and cuddling him through the meeting. He wore his first suit today - although it will probably be the last time until I can find a bigger white shirt (his little belly hangs out).
There is another song that means even more to me now that I have Soren, "Families can be together forever..."Our belief in Jesus Christ is a huge part of how we live and I'm looking forward to sharing that with Soren. I think many of my friends think I'm mormon because my parents are, but that isn't so. I've actively prayed and decided for myself that I believe in the doctrine of my church. And if anyone wants to ask me more questions about what we believe, I would love to share. See, a person doesn't have to be raised with the beliefs to join my church. You can join any time in your life. And asking questions doesn't mean you are committed to joining. There are a lot of misconceptions that are good to clear up.
It's more than just believing in a deity, it is finding peace in your daily life, finding hope for the future, learning how to love and serve others, and having comfort that you will be with your family and loved ones after this life.

Comments
I'm happy that you'll be sharing a great love with Soren.
P.S. He looks so adorable in his suit.