Nightmares

Last night I had two weird dreams, both of which freaked me out but at the same time impressed me for how creative the subconcious can be.

Nightmare 1:
I was back working at Keys Hall in Savannah and just stepped outside to go home for the day. The sky was the weiredest color I've ever seen and a group of my former co-workers were staring off in the distance. There were four large tornadoes coming right at us. So we all ran screaming to the basement. I jumped into a bathtub (for some reason their were enough bath tubs for everyone and I had friends from high school show up at this point). I remember feeling terrified, because I knew at least one, if not all, of the tornadoes would hit us. I was afraid for the pain and what it would feel like. Then I had this funny thought "Hey - If I can survive childbirth, I can deal with this." Ha ha - yeah right, but it calmed me down. One of the tornadoes got close enough that my feet started tingling. Then Soren started crying and I woke up.

Nightmare 2:
I fed Soren and then went back to sleep. This dream was extra creepy about rabid dogs stalking the tornado destroyed town. Some crazy celebrity left her baby son (who looked just like Soren) outside in a play pen alone. The foaming, growling dogs were sneaking up on the baby. Then Soren cried and woke me up again. This time he was cold - he had wiggled out of his blanket, kicked off his socks, and his little nighty was hiked up to his waist.

Thanks goodness Soren was there to save me from both nightmares. They were definitely stress dreams. Not exactly sure what brought them on... I think the tornadoes were inspired by the crazy wind that almost blew me off the road when I drove to Idaho Falls yesterday. And the dogs probably had something to do with my fear of some of the dogs in my neighborhood ever getting out and chasing me and Leo when we walk. Leo was once in a dog fight at the dog park and I've been a little nervous around new dogs ever since.

Anyway, hope I have some happy dreams tonight!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had a dream a couple weeks ago about mini rabid velociraptors, and i was trying to put scott in a daycare but they wouldn't take him b/c of his immunizations being behind and I was screaming "But he's going to be eaten!!!".

i hope you and i both have better dreams.
Wow! I hope you had better dreams last night!
Natalie said…
Nightmares are the worst! I've been having scary dreams about this test coming up that I have to take, so I agree that they are definitely stress related
Paul and Susan said…
It is interesting when you remember you dreams and then think about them in the light of day. Sometimes it makes sense why something is in your dream and other times you don't know how something got in there. I should write down some of my dreams because I forget them so fast. I guess "nightmares" probably make more of an impression on our memories, they are so intense and scarey.
Lisa Brown said…
How awful! How good soren saved you. I hate nightmares, and I have them way too often. Sometimes I wake up so terrified, i am afraid to move.
Sunny Days said…
I swear it's the full moon! I would swear by it ... everytime there is a full moon, I have REALLY crazy dreams the three days or so leading up to it. True??

Most Read