Surprise Baby Shower!

My friends at work are too nice. A couple weeks ago, they coordinated a surprise baby shower at my favorite little bakery, Back in the Day (which I'm sure I've mentioned before for their delicious cup cakes). To get me their, my friend/co-worker Ally asked if I wanted to go out for a cup cake. That is the equivalent of leading a donkey with a carrot. When we arrived, the back corner was filled with both friends from work and a few not from work.

Here is the cute space all arranged before anyone arrived. Katie gave me the beautiful roses, making her the only person to have given me a dozen roses TWICE (Scott has been told he needs to catch up). Both her and Ally decorated and Ally made the adorable appliqued onesies and hats you'll see hanging from the umbrella. I love them!

Here is the only decent picture of me. I should have warned them that I am impossible to get a good "in the moment" picture of when I'm talking. Too many funny, strange faces. But do notice the cookies - one of them is my new favorite: Lavender Shortbread.

I received many generous gifts, for which I am very thankful. One of my favorites right now is the above Amy Butler sewing book from Katie, who knows me too well. It has tons of cute ideas for little ones and includes the patterns.

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
I'm so glad you have pictures to show from your surprise baby shower. They did such a wonderful job decorating and the food just makes me hungry to look at. You have great friends!
Jessica Marie said…
I can't believe your are already a little over 7 months! Where has the time gone? Wow! It just seems like yesterday you announced you were pregnant! Anyways...that is so sweet of your friends to do that for you!
Michelle Claire said…
How fun is that?! I wish I could've been there... cupcakes, mmmmmmmm yummy!
Lisa Brown said…
That is the cutest room ever! And those cupcakes are wonderful! I am so glad you told me about the place :).
heidi said…
back in the day cafe is absolutely one of my most fond memories of savannah. even though my kids tore that place apart when we went there!

Most Read