October is great in Savannah

October is so great in Savannah. First of all, the weather cools down to the wonderful 70's and 60's. Then every weekend brings a new festival or other fun event. Take this weekend for example. Oktoberfest is going on downtown on River Street, there is a huge down syndrome fundraiser going on at Forsyth today and tomorrow is Picnic in the Park with the Savannah Orchestra. And I think next weekend is the Greek Festival, which I am determined to go to this year. But my all time favorite fall event is the Junior League Thrift Sale at the city's civic center. Today was the last day, so everything was 50 percent off.

Here are my spoils:
Baby Bjorn baby carrier (lightly used)
Normally $70-100, listed as $13 at the sale and purchased for $6.50

Pottery Barn crib bumper (lightly used)
In stores cost $70-90, listed as $14 and puchased for $7

3 bags stuffed with baby clothes for a newborn - 12 months
Who knows how much I saved here. Each item was 50 cents and I spent about $18. It's a ton of stuff - and I still wish I had grabbed more.

2 blankets, 1 hooded duck towel, and an infant head padding thing for a stroller or car seat
Once again, who knows how much I saved, but I spent a total of $5 for all of this.

GRAND TOTAL: Only $36.50!

I've been looking forward to this sale all year and now I'm a little bummed it's over, even though I grabbed some great buys. Maybe I'll visit Savannah next October....

After shopping, I hung out with my friend Colleen and she gave me a haircut. I'll have to get Scott to take a picture for me. I've known Colleen for 2 years and she's kept it a secret until last night that she went to beauty school. Don't know why she never said, since she did a great job with my hair.

Comments

Powell Family said…
The sale won't be as cool next year when you have to pay to fly there. I'm jealous though, I love things like that and it would have been so much fun to get baby clothes!
Lisa Brown said…
Oh, I am so glad that you got some great stuff! October is my favorite month in Savannah too. I still don't understand why anyone would come here in July or August. Oh, and I am still in denial that you are leaving.
Bree said…
Way to go on the bargain shopping! Isn't it so fun getting stuff for the baby!! :) Glad to hear you'll enjoy some more fun things in Savannah before the big move! And I'm looking forward to that 7 month picture!!!! :)
Jessica Marie said…
Wow! What a deal! Now that is cool! I wish we had something here like that besides garage sales! It's so fun looking for stuff, especially at a great price!
heidi said…
i wish that i could have been there this year! scarlett just started fitting into one of the dresses i bought last year for 3 cents or something ridiculous like that!

Most Read