2 weeks left...

Fun times this last week
* Night photography at our favorite spots along Leo's evening walk route
* Eating real Chinese food made special for us by our new friend Michelle from Beijing
* Relaxing on our porch in the cool evening, watching the sky and listening to Scott play guitar
* Lunch at Back in the Day TWICE.
* Counting down my last days of work (only 7 business days left!)
* Watching fun movies like Kevin Costner's Robin Hood, quickly followed by Disney's 70s version.
* Finding out where the real Mrs. Tenebaum lives - yes, she is in Savannah
* Good times and good foods with some of Scott's friends who packed me home with left overs
* Baking too many cookies (pumpkin, chocolate chip, butterscotch and snicker doodle)
* Taking lots of long naps on the weekend, reading and relaxing.
* Being told "You're just too cute," by this cute teenage girl passing me on the street
* Picnicking with friends at Hull Park (and rebelliously taking a longer lunch break)
* My last book club, where Kristy gave me a great baby swing and other fun baby things

It still makes my heart ache to think about leaving Savannah, but at the same time I'm excited to move forward. Tonight I packed my first box - and it didn't hurt too bad. What does hurt is to count down the days and see how little time we have left. Our next door neighbor told me this evening he'll miss having us as neighbors. In his words - we are such a nice, quiet couple with such a cute dog. I think I talked with him more tonight, now that he knows we are leaving, than I have the last two years. Isn't that funny how we sometimes don't appreciate people until we know they won't be around anymore. I've been guilty of that myself a few times.

Comments

Natalie said…
Melissa! How exciting. You are too cute. I hope to see you soon. I hope you are blessed with easy packing. Love you!
Bree said…
Holy cow, that has come fast! Sounds like you're soaking things up though and making some great ending memories! Um...we need a belly shot! :) Good luck with the packing and such!! Any updates on things in Rexburg? Can I do anything to help? Love ya!
Cassandra said…
You're moving in 2 weeks? I'm going to Idaho in 2 weeks! Come to Boise and join us for our Twilight midnight premiere party! :)
Lisa Brown said…
Oh, this post made me so sad!!! It broke through my denial that you are leaving, so you had better come over with your quilt on Friday :). Oh, and you should bring some of those cookies you were talking about - he he!
Tag Melissa your it..
Please post the 22nd photo in the 9th folder of your pictures give a brief description and pass it along.

Most Read