Baby quilt #1
Finished! I started my first quilt way back when my friend Colleen was pregnant. Her little boy Nathan is now 8 months old. Whoops! In my defense, I really slowed down once I got pregnant. Well, I am proud to say I sewed the final stitches yesterday morning.
I am so in love with this quilt. Is that okay to think about something you made yourself? But honestly, I would not have put these fabrics together if it hadn't been for Colleen. She told me she wanted to have an aerospace themed nursery, because her husband loves flying and is an aerospace engineer. Thus began my hunt for the perfect airplane fabric (thank you Michael Miller). Orange is Colleen's favorite color, so it worked out perfectly that the space fabric used so many shades of orange and yellow.
Look at this sweet baby. I can picture many future naps and cuddle times on this quilt. By the way, I used a Denyse Schmidt pattern from this book. The book gives pretty good instruction - except when it came to the binding. Luckily, my friend Lisa saved me. She was kind and spent an evening fixing my mistakes and teaching me how to do it right.
I have a whole new appreciation for quilting. First of all, it was thrilling to give as a gift to a friend who means so much to me. Even though I won't be seeing her everyday any more, it's nice to know a little piece of me in the form of loving stictches will stay with her family.And while I was happy to finally give it away, it was a little sad. I worked on the quilt through many big memories this last year. Three of my grandparents passed away, there were 3 trips to my family, I worked to put my husband through school, I fell in love with Savannah, I made wonderful friends, I became pregnant with my own son.... this quilt reminds me of all those memories. Which means I better start on another one for myself quickly, so I can have memories stitched in place for all that is about to happen with Scott and my move and baby coming.

Comments
I can't believe you will be here tomorrow! I am so excited :)
Have a very safe trip!
xoxoxo
Jenna
I'll miss you again when I go home for lunch, passing your house and our mutual path.
I hope all goes well in traveling and settling into home. Enjoy sitting on that couch!
Your quilt looks great and it is obvious that little Nathan loves it! We miss you a lot at Keys hall, but I hope you're super happy to be with your family. Your empty dark office is very depressing.
On a fun note, we made it through film festival and it wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be- Yay!
Keep me posted on that lovely baby bump!
Katie
dawn