Happy Mothers Day!

My first mother's day!

Soren was the first to wish me a happy day by waking up all smilie and chatty around 5:30 a.m.

Scott surprised me with my favorite flowers, so our little home smells like star gazer lilies. And he has been super helpful - washing dishes, changing diapers, letting me take a long nap, etc.

I received nice cards from both my moms.

Pretty good day.

Lately I've reflected on how fun it is to be a mom right now. I am absorbed in cheering on my little guy as he learns how to do the most basic things - like hold his head high, bring toys to his mouth, laugh, watch the dog walk by, and much more. The first few weeks were rough, but this is very nice.

Comments

Natalie said…
Happy first mother's day to you! I'm glad you had such a great day, and especially that you have such a great son to be a mother to. And you look beautiful with Soren in that picture!
Sunny Days said…
What a beautiful photo! Happy mother's day to you, indeed!
Happy Mother's Day Melissa!
Lisa Brown said…
Sounds like a perfect first Mother's Day :).
Paul and Susan said…
What a pretty Mommy and a handsome baby! I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day and are enjoying Soren at this age.
Restless Mama said…
Cutest photo ever! So glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Most Read