Random Ramblings

I love sleep.
Soren is great about sleeping through most of the night, but he does like to wake up at 5:30. Usually I can get him back to sleep, but this morning I played the "put the binky back in my mouth" game for an hour before giving in and waking up. On early days, I try to comfort my poor tired self with the knowledge that I can take a nap with Soren in the afternoon. Sleeping with Soren is a like taking magic sleeping pills - you are knocked out for at least 2 hours. It is so nice and relaxing.

Working out
Did I mention that I am trying to work out at 7 a.m. every morning (except for Sunday) with my neighbor? We did awesome for Week one, terrible for week two, and more realistic for this week (meaning we allow ourselves easy days or move the time if one of us had a rough night with a baby).

Window Shopping
Soren and I went window shopping today. We actually went in the stores, but behaved in the window shopping manor of "look only". We were researching future craft projects at Michaels and then future baby gear at Toys R Us. I really want to get Soren a jumping swing thing. He also needs a new car seat, as his legs are too long for the current one. WHich means we will need a real stroller. I'd also like some sort of play pen for playing outside in the shade. And a walker thing.

Artsy Saturdays
I've started this new schedule where I clean on Fridays so I have a clean table for Saturday. Then I plan the day for Soren time and craft time. It has been a much needed change. The last two weeks I have made finger puppets and a bag for them (pictures to be posted one of these days). I think my next project will be attempting a fabric childrens book for Soren. I found some good directions here and here. There are always a million things I want to make and don't seem to have the time. For example, I really want to make a quilt using some of the fabric I got from my grandma. I'd also like to make some cute pillows. I'd love to learn to crochet better and make tons of baby clothes and animals. I'd love to paint a couple pictures for Sorens room (no one will like them except me, I'm sure).

Soren update
Soren is very vocal. He has learned how to yell - it is hilarious, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off. He is more aware of people and animals around him. For example, his eyes follow Scott everywhere. And he laughs at Leo when I fake throw balls in our yard.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your artsy Saturdays. WHY!!? WHy can't we live closer together and have artsy Saturdays together? (can you hear the pain and anguish in my voice? I can)

And Soren is so dang adorable, I want to lick him like an ice cream cone.
Paul and Susan said…
That's wonderful that you are able to make things for Soren and have ambitions to want to do more. When I come in June, let me give you some time to do some of those projects. I can always take Soren for a walk or shopping to give you a break at the house. Or we will stay home and you take a break from the house. You can let me know what works for you.
The Clifts said…
I wish you lived closer! We are moving and we have most of the baby things you named and we are selling them at a garage sale next week. If you are planning a trip to Provo in the next two weeks let me know. :)
wagstaffers said…
Hey, i've got a johnny jump up that the boys never got excited over. Let me know if you want it. Plus, unlike Kelsey and all your other jealous friends, I live on the same block as you!
Lisa Brown said…
Isn't it amazing about sleeping with a baby. I still like to have Derek cuddle up with me for his nap every once in a while - it is like he sucks out all my energy and I relax and sleep :).

Good for you working out. I am back at it too, after a week off on our vacation. Unfortunately, one week of eating out undid two months of working out.

Oh, and if you get a new stroller, you should totally get a jogging stroller - they are awesome, and i don't even jog :).

And I am so sorry about your TV show. I love watching shows with Kevin.

Most Read