Spring Cleaning - Day1
THE CLEAN SWEEPI am doing Simple Mom's Spring Cleaning challenge for the next two weeks. I started on Monday with the "Clean Sweep" - which means I cleared off most of my surfaces. Besides cleaning my home, the spring clean's purpose is to cut down on stuff. And we have a lot of Stuff that needs cutting down.
Yesterday was Day 2 and I focused on the living room. I did well - completely reorganizing and dusting my entertainment center, as you'll see later this week when I take the picture. Today was supposed to be Day 3 and the Second day of the Living Room. However, I had a million little things to do, so it never got done. Also, I got a little discouraged yesterday when I found that one of my windowsills has water damage. Water damage means peeling paint, which means possible lead paint flecking off into my apartment. So I stopped, afraid I might make it worse.
Anyway, below are my pictures from Day 1's clean sweep.
The kitchen table - I LOVE a clean table. The possibilities are limitless for fun projects to be started on a cleared space. And don't you love Leo stretching right as I am taking the picture. YOu'll see this becomes a pattern. I think it is because I get out the camera whenever Soren is being cute, so Leo thinks its time to play.
Here is our entry. Once again, Leo sat down right where I was shooting. We have a small apartment, so there is a lot of creativity in fitting. Scott drilled hooks into the wall for our coats. I'd love one more for my purse. The basket for shoes is very handy, since several years ago we decided taking shoes to the closet in our room just wasn't going to happen.
Here is the baby's changing table. No Leo this time, but their is one cute Soren! My vertical picture doesn't do the cleaning justice, but I wanted to show off the cute quilt Grandma Wheeler gave Soren.
Cleaning off the bathroom counter was the best! And unlike the other surfaces which have become a little cluttered again, we've kept the bathroom counter clean. Once again, notice we don't have much space. But I was able to give everything a home (even if it was in my garage sale pile).Would love to have others join me in the Spring Clean Challenge. I think I need some friends to make it more fun. Here is the link.
***Cairen - are you posting pictures on your blog? You went private and now I can't see what you're cute family is up to. Come on - you know you just LOVE me commenting. Let me know if you need my email.

Comments
Anyway, well done my dear. The place looks great!