Wind on my face
I'd like to share a special experience from today.
It starts back on Monday... We drove to Victor to spend the evening with Kirsten's (Scott's sister) family. Thomas made the best Taco Soup! And then we had a wonderful Family Home Evening Lesson (because it was Monday, and Monday nights are generally reserved for Family Home Evenings which consist of a family prayer, song, scripture, lesson, activity and treat). Thomas led us in singing "My Heavenly Father Loves me," one of my favorite Primary songs. Kirsten's lesson was about how much our Heavenly Father loves us and that we can see it in everything around us - including our families. Here are the lyrics to the song, if you aren't familiar with it:
It starts back on Monday... We drove to Victor to spend the evening with Kirsten's (Scott's sister) family. Thomas made the best Taco Soup! And then we had a wonderful Family Home Evening Lesson (because it was Monday, and Monday nights are generally reserved for Family Home Evenings which consist of a family prayer, song, scripture, lesson, activity and treat). Thomas led us in singing "My Heavenly Father Loves me," one of my favorite Primary songs. Kirsten's lesson was about how much our Heavenly Father loves us and that we can see it in everything around us - including our families. Here are the lyrics to the song, if you aren't familiar with it:
Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently.
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.Well, after the beautiful lesson we made bird feeders out of pine cones, peanut butter and bird seed. Then we made delicious scones (using my biscuits! Only 3 more containers left, can you believe it?)
All this week, I've been thinking of that song and lesson. I've sung it to Soren every night, because I enjoy thinking about all the beauty around us. Especially with spring here.
That brings me to this morning. Leo and I were walking along the river. Rexburg was in rare form - there was absolutely no wind. Normally, I have to squint to avoid flying dust and rocks. And the sun was shining.
Suddenly, the wind picked up and gently blew through the grass and flowers in front of us. I began thinking about how beautiful it was and how peaceful I felt. In my mind I sang a line from the song "Whenever I feel the wind on my face..." Once I thought it, the wind ramped up and blasted me head-on. It was so powerful, my hair whipped back and I couldn't breathe. Then the end of the song "Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me," jumped into my mind.
And just as suddenly, the wind was gone.
It was a little moment that could be easy to overlook, but I know it was a message meant for me. I know my Heavenly Father loves me, my family, my friends...everyone. And that is so important to remember, especially when things are rough.
And that is what I wanted to share. The little things are so nice, sometimes.

Comments