Four Months


HAPPY FOUR MONTHS, SOREN!

Eating:
Soren is still eating between 4-6 oz of formula and loves to play with your fingers while he eats. Sometimes he is full, but won't stop eating because he wants the comfort of sucking. I've gotten pretty good at the binky/bottle swap. The doctor gave him the approval for rice cereal, I just haven't started him on it yet.

Sleeping:
For the most part, he sleeps through the night. From about 8 or 9p.m. to 7 a.m. Although, he has been waking up at 5 a.m. this last week, but I just plug him up and go back to bed. Usually he will sleep until 7 a.m. Getting him to sleep has become a little more challenging. He used to fuss a minute or so and then be out, but now he does more crying. However, I have learned that the more I cuddle and hold him before bed the easier he goes down. Still the fussing - but not the full on screaming. Although right now - as I type - he is pretty sad about going to bed. And if Scott were here I would leave and let him handle it, since the crying doesn't get to him like it does me.

Talking:
Soren makes the cutest little talk now. He does a really high pitched, gurgling noise. It reminds me of a song bird. He is very chatty and will talk all the time. Especially when you change his diaper or clothes - he loves to talk and flirt.

Fun things:
Soren is ticklish under his arms and laughs everytime I change a onsie. He also loves to have his belly shaked or blown on. Other favorite games are blowing in his face, taking baths, playing patty-cake, singing, holding toys and bringing them up to suck on, playing with daddy. He is also able to take out his binky, but is still learning how to put it back. He loves to sit and watch people or lay on his play mat and play. When being held, he prefers standing to look over your shoulder. And he is just begining to like staring at the pictures in books when we read before bedtime.

Comments

Yay! I love the update on soren! His smile in the first picture is so heart warming!
Natalie said…
He is so handsome! That's good that he sleeps through the night. But 7am is sooo early! I don't know how you do it
Sunny Days said…
Too, too cute! He's not photogenic or anything, is he?!
Cassandra said…
Adorable. I love that you're recording his personality and development. That will be a cool thing to reference when you have more children, or for Soren when he's older and has his own children.
I miss you guys! We should get together this week!
Paul and Susan said…
Thanks for updating me on Soren and what he is able to do and how he is changing. It helps bridge the gap of not being there. I love his smile, it makes me smile.
Jessica Marie said…
His smile and big bright eyes are so adorable!
Restless Mama said…
Holy Moses, 4 months already?!?!?! Where does the time go? He's such a cutie Melissa.

Most Read