Surprises in the south

One of our worst fears about living in the south finally came to be yesterday morning. While Scott and I were dressing for church, Scott slipped his foot in his shoe only to step on a cockroach! EW! It was so gross - even I was freaking out about it and my feet were safe. That cockroach got flushed down the toilet in two seconds.

Speaking of cockroaches in the toilet - have I mentioned the time one of the larger cockroaches I've seen was crawling inside the toilet bowl right as I was about to sit down? That was another freak out moment also resulting in a fast flush after lots of bug spray.

That is the price for the lovely weather these last few days. It might be worth it... might be. At least that is how I'm feeling after spending an afternoon soaking in the sun at Forsyth Park with Scott and Leo. But it is definitely time to call the bug guy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know cockroaches can swim right? Even if you squish them, hack them in two, drop a nuclear bomb on them, they can survive.
Melissa said…
Great, so are you saying they are going to swim back up the toilet and get me one of these days?
Diana said…
So gross. . .I remember one time putting on my shoe and there was a mouse in it, I can't decide which one's worse, HOWEVER, it is definetly worth the nice weather, we have had NON STOP snow for the last week, it's been terrible, I am totally jealous.
Anonymous said…
You never know? I don't flush bugs b/c I am afraid they will crawl back up and seek revenge on me. It's an irrational fear I know.
Bree said…
Ewwww! I'd never encountered cockroaches until last spring in Tucson but now I know the disgust and fear of those yucky little creatures! Pass my sympathies on to Scott!! :)
Jessica Marie said…
Oh my goodness Melissa! GROSS! I have shivers down my spine just thinking about them! In our old place, we had them. Our upstairs neighbor had them and they crawled into our cupboards. We had to toss everything. Talk about a waste of money on food you just bought a week ago! It's so worth calling the bug guy! If you don't, have fun waking up to them in your hair and crawling on your toes! Just kidding! HAHAHAHA! This one time...I squished a spider in my shoe, so now I check my shoes before I put them on!
Lisa Brown said…
You really can't flush them unless you are sure they are dead - it is true. When I go out of town, I close up all the drains in the apartment to keep them from getting in while I'm gone - yuck!!!
Melissa said…
luckily I do spray them first - then they are flushed.

Most Read