Fort Pulaski

Last weekend Scott, Leo and I went for a hike around Fort Pulaski, which is an old Civil War fort along the intercoastal waterway. We parked our car by the bridge, just past the main entrance, then took a trail up to the fort. There was lots of grass for Leo to explore and birds for him to dream about chasing, if it weren't for that darn leash. It was also an opportunity for him to model his new "Chilly Dog" jacket, shipped straight from Canada that week. Believe it or not, but it does get cold enough for him to need it every once in a while. But back to the fort...

I wasn't patient enough to read all the plaques like Scott, so he knows more of the history. I do know that I want to go back sans-Leo and with my camera. The light was beautiful inside and there was this ancient oak tree in the middle (at least I think it was oak?).

I need to take more pictures while I live here. Someday, when I live somewhere else, I don't want to look back with regrets for not having more pretty Savannah pictures.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
I went there with my sister, and the kids LOVED the tunnels. Cute jacket for Leo :).

Most Read