Romulus and Remus: Fact or fiction?

the cave - image from here

I read in USA Today that they think they found the ancient Roman cave where Romulus and Remus lived. True or not, what a neat piece of history that has been unearthed.

According to USA Today the "underground grotto believed to have been worshipped by ancient Romans as the place where a wolf nursed the city's legendary founder Romulus and his twin brother Remus." Here's the article if anyone else cares. I've always been fascinated by roman and greek mythology.

Just wanted to share! I'd love to visit someday...Its one more thing to add to the "things to do before I die" list.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Interesting article. I loved this: "Wiseman says everything we believe we know about the ancient world must be treated as a hypothesis, one that may be disproved by future finds. The only concrete relationship between an artifact and a myth is "what people create with their own will to believe."
It's so true.

Most Read