my holga in europe

Scott scanned negatives from my Europe trip a few months ago and I am just now sitting down to view them on the computer. The image above is one of my favorites, taken from the top of Notre Dame. Notice the vignette? That is a natural characteristic of the Holga, which is one reason why it is fun to use. Also, because it is light and plastic with simple settings: sunny or cloudy.


Digital has spoiled me. I like to see what I've shot right after hitting the shutter release. I did have a few problems with the Holga when I messed with the manual exposure button, then forgot to switch it back to automatic. As you can see by the above picture - I got a few blurry ones. There are several that turned out blurry that make me so sad. Except for my memory, they are lost.

But I'm still drawn to the unique characteristics of film. Hmmm... Do I sound like I'm married to a photographer?

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
What a cool camera. And somedays i really miss film. I need to break out my old Cannon Rebel and play, for old times sake.
Robyn said…
I love photography too. Unfortunatly, I don't have the time, knowledge or equipment to do all the things I would really love to do. I will have to settle for my hand me down 35mm and simple digital for now. One day I will just have to splurge on a new camera.
staci baker said…
Yes, you do! I got lost in some of the photography lingo, but I LOVE the pictures! (I want to take some photography classes someday because I want to learn more.) Yes, the one on top of Notre Dame is gorgeous! I'm jealous you went to Europe!

Most Read