Surprise! My new friend, Diana

Scott surprised me after work with a brand new camera. Move over Holga and make way for my new Diana!

Honestly, I didn't know what a Diana was until a few hours ago, when I pulled it out of the box. The cute, plastic film camera was created in Hong Kong during the 60's and sold about $1 each. Althought never mainstream, it had a cult following and got a rebirth in 2007.

The camera is cheap, easy to use, but the unpredictability of the lens creates dreamlike photos. Its fine art meeting with a toy camera - or so I hear. I'll let you know after I play with it more. To see what the picture quality looks like, visit here...here...here...and here...

And the 'husband of the year award' goes to Scott. Especially because later in the evening I completely ruined our dinner of pork roast and red roasted potatos. But who could be upset after coming home to such a thoughtful, fun surprise.

Pictures coming soon... although not that soon since the film will have to be processed and scanned.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
How exciting!! I start another photography class tonight, and am so pumped to get taking pictures again, so if you want to go on any field trips, let me know :).
Anonymous said…
That looks so neat. I can't wait to see what the pictures look like. When I get back, we'll have to do a photosafari.
Jessica Marie said…
That is so awesome of Scott! No fair...I want one! You'll have to post some photos!

Most Read