My first cup cakes from scratch

My public library is near this fabulous bakery with delicious cup cakes. So when I went to check out a few new books, I was tempted to stop by and pick up a few. For a while I've been wanting to try and make my own. So instead, I drove home and started searching the internet for a recipe. I rarely make anything from scratch, so I was pretty excited.

I came across this recipe from this woman, who's books are sold in my little bakery. That was enough proof for me that her cupcakes must be good. And oh my, I am so glad I made them!

The cake itself stands alone, and then you add the frosting and they are absolutely mouthwatering! I think I found a new love. Next time I want to try chocolate.

PS - if anyone has a good recipe, please share!

Comments

Michelle Claire said…
Those look so yummy Mel... I think I'm going to try them today! My mouth is seriously watering... :)
Bree said…
Way to go Meliss! They look way yummy! I don't think I've made any baked goods from scratch since Home Ec! Thank goodness for Betty Crocker!...Oh and you wouldn't believe it, but Rexburg now has a little shop with ALL cupcakes and cocoa. I've heard they are delicious and it's darling...but I have yet to go. I'll just wait until you move back here and then it can be our favorite hangout!! ;) Love ya!!
heidi said…
i love amy sedaris. and david sedaris. have you ever read any of his stuff? i think you would enjoy.
wow im really impressed. They look so good. How did Scott like them?
Lisa Brown said…
Oh, you should make those again for bookclub - yum!!
Anonymous said…
how about posting the recipe?
Melissa said…
I did - go check out the links.

Most Read