Tornado AND Ben Folds

Yesterday was quite the day of firsts - my first tornado warning and my first time seeing Ben Folds perform live. Phew, it was a big day!
Tornado!
It was pouring cats and dogs, but for some reason my coworker/friend Katie and I decided to visit a campus building across town. We were on our way up to visit professors offices on the fourth floor - which is the attic of an old railroad building - when a siren starts. We were in one of the worst places possible for a tornado - the top of an old building. I don't care that it has been renovated, it is still old. So we met the professor we'd come to see who was checking out weather.com and heard that a tornado had touched down on Skidaway Island (about 10-15 minutes east) and was headed towards downtown Savannah (us). We nonchalantly talk and then decided maybe we should go downstairs.
Long story short... the tornado touched down again in Thunderbolt (about 5-10 minutes east) and was headed directly for down town. It still puzzles me how no one in the building we were at seemed to care. Thesis reviews continued like normal, students were still running in and outside the building, etc... I found out later that in my work building, the secretary mothered everyone to the basement, where they held out until the warning passed. Way to go Pam!
Then it was over. The tornado never touched down town - thank goodness. It was pretty exciting - but that is only because no damage was done.
Ben Folds!There are rarely good concerts here, so it was fun to see Ben Folds was coming. Scott got us amazing seats in the second row in front of the piano. I haven't listened too much Ben Folds since college, but I found I still new about half the songs. He's a fun performer - getting the crowd to join in and telling funny stories. Not to mention his piano playing is AMAZING! He hands fly up and down the keys, hitting every note like its no big deal. If I tried to play like that, it would not be music.
Another fun part of the concert, was it was their first show since finishing a new album.Last night was their last chance to get live audience recordings for one of their new songs, so when his new album does come out pay attention to tall the screaming fans - one of them is me and the other is Scott.

Comments
i'm glad the tornado scare was only a scare for you. i am terrified of them. well, not as bad as i used to be, but still...
Oh, and crazy about the tornado. Lily's preschool had to move all their furniture and do tornado drills all morning! When I asked her what her favorite part of the school day was, she said, "The tornado!"