second nature

We went to an opening for a group exhibition Scott is in with a couple friends from his program on Friday night. Scott had three of his billboard prints in it - the show was called "Second Nature." I'd write more about it, but I just woke up from a nap and don't think it will sound that intelligent. However, I will say that I loved his friend Kyle's photo "Shamu" featuring not two whales at Sea World, but 6 or 8. And this weekend he is driving 6 hours to photograph a circus.

There was also a closing reception next door for another photographer (who is one of Scott's professors). Once again, I'd say more but it won't make sense right now. Let's just say that he was giving away old records. And who went completely out of there way after moving to Savannah to obtain a record player? That's right - we did! So it was fun to dig through the piles and piles (as you can see, there were a lot) to add to our new collection. And the above picture was taken towards the end of the night, so you can imagine how many were there before.


Besides some Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc., we found Leo's theme song - Devo's "Whip it". He doesn't know it, but he is dancing to it with me in this picture below. Yes, that is a plastic foot - his favorite toy. And we had fun Whip-ing it real good.

Comments

scott said…
I don't have the words to describe how awesome I look in that picture, so I won't even try.
LEO I MISS YOU!!!!!!
Lisa Brown said…
How much fun. Whenever I see records, I think of the Sesame Street records I had as a kid :).

Most Read