Happy Friday - Here are new things to learn

Scott showed me this article "100 things we didn't know last year" which I think is pretty cool. I've only read up to 50, but plan to get to 100 by the end of the day. Here are my favorite ones so far:

4. The word "jaywalking" came from the US slang "jay", a term popular in the early 20th Century meaning a rustic newcomer unfamiliar with city ways.

14. Antony and Cleopatra were ugly.

21. Only about half of China's population can speak the national language, Mandarin.

26. Harvesting rhubarb in candlelight helps preserve its flavour.

28. Designer discount retailer TK Maxx is called TJ Maxx in the US.

35. Denmark is the happiest country in Europe; Italy the unhappiest. (The UK was 9th out of 15.)

46. Peanuts can be made into diamonds.

There is a link on the page that takes you to the original article making the claim. If you want to read the list, go here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
awesome!
Bree said…
I love interesting little facts like that.
Lisa Brown said…
That is so fun, and some of them sound totally made up, although they are probably fact. I am loving the peanuts one . . . I have some in my kitchen right now - I wonder what I would have to so :).

Most Read