My favorite kitchen tool
When I was in high school, I took French with my good friends Meghan and Kalena. After we learned our colors and numbers, it became pretty tough. I wouldn't have lasted through the verb conjugations, but one thing kept me going... Crepe parties! I love crepes! I was sold on the whole french language from eating crepes in Mr. Johnson's french class.
Guess what Meghan's present for me was when Scott and I were married? My own crepe cooker! I laughed at her - until I used it. This little crepe cooker is one of my favorite kitchen tools. Not my "everyday" favorite kitchen tool, but my "let's have fun and eat good food" kitchen tool.
Last night, Scott and I had dinner with our friends Nate and Colleen (AKA - Leo's second home or Willie's parents). She made us DELICIOUS lasagna, we played Scrabble (I was 6 pts from first place!) and made crepes. We had crepes with nutella and strawberries, crepes with lemon juice and sugar, and crepes with nutella, strawberries, lemon juice AND sugar.
Can you tell I like crepes? I've dedicated a whole post on my blog to it. And here is a recipe from this web site, in case anyone cares:
INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
DIRECTIONS
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.


Comments
I didn't know they had a tool just for crepes. Very cool!