Baby in Arizona

Congratulations Rachel!!!

My aunt Denise called this morning to let us know that my cousin Rachel had her baby around 9:30 a.m. Rachel and I had the same due date - Dec. 28 - and we are both expecting boys. Well, now I'm the one "expecting," as she has hers. 

As Rachel and I were born 2 days apart, we have had fun being pregnant at the same time and hoping to have our sons follow the same tradition of being born close together. She told me that she thinks our boys are such good friends that they wanted to come down to earth together. Which I hope means that her 2-week early delivery will rub off on me up in Washington. 

I'll be honest - I am definitely a little jealous right now. Although, to make myself feel better I did get a pretty awesome night sleep last night. And my Christmas presents aren't ready to go under the tree yet, so maybe it is good to have a little extra time.

Comments

bethanyr32 said…
Those last few weeks are a killer for sure! Here's to hoping your little boy follow's Rachel's soon here. Just as long as you're not in the hospital on Christmas - I got released the day before Thanksgiving with Katie, and I was so glad to be at home.
Michelle Claire said…
I had the same issue too... I wanted Wesley to come early, but at the same time, I wasn't ready for him to be early... it was hard to figure out what I really wanted him to do. I guess it's a good thing that I just let him come when he was ready, 'cause I was totally confused as to when the time would be good..

Does that make any sense?? Oh well.
Robyn said…
Yay for Rachel! Thanks for the news. Somehow I miss the phone tree all the time (or my mom just forgets to tell me, I'm sure there are more additions to our family that I have no idea about). Well, I wish you all the luck and a healthy baby as soon as he is ready to come.
Restless Mama said…
Oh my goodness! I can't believe how close it is to your due date. How are you feeling? Be sure to get lots of rest! I was so happy I took two weeks off before Aidan's arrival date.
Hoping for the best for you and your family.
xoxoxo
Olivia Jewell said…
Hey Mel,
I'm so sorry, I know how that feels. I had the same thing happen with a friend in the ward here. Hers came early and mine came late. It was the most frusturating of times. If you feel like chatting ever just to kill time feel free to call. I'd love to catch up. (435)764-6000. But honestly at that point in my pregnancy I was so cranky I just didn't want to talk to anyone, so I understand if you don't.
But I hope things are going well. Good luck, and I promise once your baby comes this will all seem like no big deal. Merry Christmas!!
Oh and tell Scott hi.
bethanyr32 said…
You know what's funny, I just finished reading Spindle's End myself. Wonderful book!
Randomly, I dreamed last night you went into labor, and I had to take you to the hospital and was desperately trying to get your hubby or mom on the phone... It was strange, to say the least!
Lisa Brown said…
That has got to be so frustrating that you are still pregnant, while she is not :). Hey, if you have your baby today, he will be born on Derek's birthday - he he! Goodluck with the next few days and I certainly hope the bad weather doesn't make it so you have this baby at home.

Most Read