Christmas countdown

Christmas is coming! Tonight is our Cleaver Christmas party, which for the first time in my life is not on Christmas Eve. Our families are getting so big, some of them are doing their own Christmas Eve celebrations now. I am glad that we can still all get together. There is just something I love about getting together with my family. It is always so cheery and fun. It will be different, now that we won't meet at Grandma's house or have her and Grandpa to celebrate with. But they will be there in spirit, I am sure!

We woke up to at least 12 inches of snow this morning. So while my mom, sister and I are baking and cleaning, the boys have been out shoveling walkways and plowing the road to our house. Right now the sun is shining and the snow looks beautiful - although it is starting to melt. It must be at least 12 years since we've had snow like this. Back then, we had a blast sledding down our hill. Sadly, we don't have sleds anymore! 

Another random memory from our last big snow - while we were sledding, we watched 1 fire truck, 1 ambulance and 1 sheriff's truck attempt to drive up our hill. One by one, they slid backwards and got stuck in the ditch. We thought it was all pretty funny. I guess my neighbor had somehow caught her kitchen curtains on fire. She managed to put it out by herself - good thing, since they never made it up our hill. 

Also, the last time we had snow like this our basement flooded and the power went out. Glad we can avoid both those little issues this time. We've been having a great time.

Comments

Jessica Marie said…
Have lots and lots of fun at your party! :) Take lots of pics too! :)
Salina said…
Sounds like a fun party! Hopefully no more snow so everyone can make it there safe! I remember that hill, and I think it's bigger than Hostmark and NEVER plowed! Now let's hope that the ambulance isn't coming to pick you up this year! Have fun, but try and wait until after christmas! As much as I'd love to meet the little guy!
Natalie said…
At the cabin we all went to every year over New Years Scott and my grandpa always had to shovel the driveway and stairs! Looks like he still has that duty!
ibid said…
Merry Christmas to you and yours!! I hope that baby comes safe and sound in a hospital, or that you don't get any more snow! Sounds like if you rely on an ambulance crew they won't get to you in time!
Paul and Susan said…
Thanks for helping to decorate the tree so pretty!

Most Read