Found!

We found a place to live in Rexburg today!

Thanks to my awesome sister and her husband, for being the first ones at the open house this morning. Nicole stayed on the phone with us and Ryan emailed us photos from his iphone. If it weren't for them, we couldn't have done it as the property managers were taking the first people to submit and be approved. There were a lot of other people who showed up after them, most of which talked about how great a place it was.

Let me share why I'm excited:

Savannah apartment
- 1 bedroom
- 4 flights of stairs
- expensive utilities
- no dishwasher
- no washer and dryer
- no yard


New Rexburg Apartment
- 2 bedrooms
- 5 steps
- Utilities included in the cheap rent
- Dishwasher
- Washer and dryer
- Yard

It still isn't perfect - the space still looks a little small and instead of looking out on the beautiful Mickve Israel Temple and spanish moss, we'll have a distant view of an industrial park. But I'll take it! And they are letting us go month-to-month, which gives us the freedom of finding something even better later on. I'm just relieved to know we'll have a roof over our heads and that Leo won't have to sneak around.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations Melissa! Must be nice to have a home. I might come visit you in Idaho just to use your washer and dryer!
Anonymous said…
Hey! Luck has been on your side as of late, it would seem - congrats! You're going to have so many Christmas presents this year you're not going to know what to do with yourselves. Must be a huge relief ... now it's just waiting on the wee one!
Jessica Marie said…
HURRAY! Congrats! I'm excited for you. The place already sounds great. You have to take photos when you move in! :)
Salina said…
Congrats! Such a relief! (another one huh?) Definite blessings are coming your way right now! You'll LOVE having a W&D right there! An absolute necessity! Woo-hoo, happy day for you guys!
Michelle Claire said…
Yay! It's such a great feeling to have somewhere to live! I totally KNOW that feeling! :)
Bree said…
Yay! Glad to hear it worked out so well!!
The Clifts said…
16 days left! That's just a little over two weeks. Are you getting excited yet?!
Natalie said…
Hurray! And just in time too!
Lisa Brown said…
Yea for you guys!! And having a baby coming, there is no way you could survive without a washer/dryer. I am so excited for you!!

Most Read