Poulsbo trip: part two

Like I mentioned earlier - LOVED all the time visiting with family. I was pretty exhausted from traveling half the time, but it still great to be there. And here are some of the details from that eventful trip:

Thurs:
- Flew in by 1 p.m. PST (woke up at 4 a.m.)
- Visited all afternoon with Ryan
- Went out to for Chinese at the King Wok Buffet to celebrate Ryan's upcoming birthday and starting college the next day.

Fri:
- Waved Ryan goodbye from the driveway as he left for college with a car packed full of stuff.
- Spent several hours trying to figure out my doctor/insurance situation. Thank goodness my mom was making all the phone calls! I get too emotional whenever someone doesn't tell me what I want to hear.
- Got the grand tour of my dad's office and faxed insurance paperwork to a new doctor.
- Spent several hours at my Cleaver Grandparent's home, rummaging through what was left. I left with a bunch of craft stuff, an old hymn book with the song my Grandma Cleaver had sung at her funeral ("Unanswered Yet, the Prayer"), a bunch of kitchen dishes, a quilting and cook book, and little knick knacks that I couldn't imagine not seeing again. For example - a little owl that holds toothpicks, a "kitchen is the heart of the home sign," magnets from the fridge, and several swans that probably belonged to my Grandma Velma before she died. Yes, I'm a sentimental fool.
- Ran errands with my mom and visited the family who had arrived at my Grandpa's house in Tracyton.

Sat:
- Picked flowers in the rain.
- Washed bed linens and beautified the recently finished downstairs apartment.
- Learned how to use a drill and helped my dad hang 9 doors (proud of myself for that one!)
- Ran more errands
- Spent the evening visiting family at my Grandpa's house.

Sun:
- Awoke to another surreal, foggy morning. I couldn't help myself - had to go for a walk and pick blackberries.
- Visited with my aunt Denice's family, who were staying at our house. We had fun picking all the amazing vegetables ready to eat in my mom's garden.
- Attended church in Silverdale with my Grandpa and the rest of the family.
- Finally took a nap!
- Visited with family at our house, ate amazing food, celebrated Tom's birthday (see picture below.)
And that delicious chocolate cake was only one of many deserts. My mom's relief society were amazing with providing us food. And my Grandpa's ward provided a great meal following the funeral on Monday.

Comments

Most Read