26 days before I leave!


Leo and I spent bonding time relaxing in the grass of Colonial Cemetery on Saturday. Some may say that is morbid, but I find it to be one of the most peaceful and inspiring places within walking distance from my apartment. Reading the names and dates on the headstones is great fodder for my imagination. And Leo can't get enough people/squirrel/bird/bug watching.

I'm always on the look out for boy names and the cemetery is always a great place to check. So far, here are a few that I like, although known of which I've seen in my old grave yard. Feel free to tell me what you like on the list - and if you don't like any of them, than feel free to keep your opinion to yourself:

Favo names of the week/month
- Soren
- Miles
- Parks
- Emerson (Emery for short)
- Hugh

Pregnancy update:
I've been experiencing some posterior pain (a.k.a - my butt hurts when I walk). My weekly pregnancy email came just in time on Sunday, with an article focused on lower back pain. At first I was annoyed, because this was definitely buttocks pain and not lower back pain. Luckily, there was a little paragraph at the end saying that some woman do experience this. And guess what aggravates it? Walking (my main mode of transportation), climbing stairs (I live on the fourth floor and work on the third), and leaning forward when sitting (my posture at work). SO check, check and check - no wonder I hurt! Luckily, I was off my feet enough this weekend to get everything back to normal. Now I am trying to make myself have better posture and take the stairs a little slower.

Comments

Christy said…
Sounds like your sciatic nerve is getting pinched. Unfortunately I can't remember if there is anything you can do about, it other than giving birth that is.:) If I remember correctly I used my rice sock (heat pack)a lot. Good luck!
Nick Wheeler said…
My pseudo nephew is named Soren. It's a fantastic name. I'm in high support of that one.
shannen said…
I totally agree with you on the whole cemetary thing! I think they are the most peaceful and fascinating places. I love to read the headstones and try to get an idea of the life that person led. It's really sad when you see the babies though :( So I don't think you're morbid :)

I like the name Emerson - very cool and not very common.

Sorry for your pain! I had a co-worker once eons ago that had intense tailbone pain during her pregnancy. I had sciatic pain in my posterior and that's miserable. I'm so sorry you are hurting - I hope you feel better soon!
Micah said…
I love all of those names. Especiall Emerson which is what I'm going to name baby baby is she is a girl only spelt. Emmerson, Emmy for short. Geezo I cna't wait to find out what I'm having! When are you due?
Micah said…
Oh yea, I spent some time in a cemetary in Texas this past summer after burying my grandfather. I got a lot of inspiration from the names on the head stones and like you, I feel so at peace there.
bethanyr32 said…
Ouch! I vividly remember that with both my girls. If it's sciatic nerve pain, there are a few good stretches you can do to help a little. I'll see if I can find descriptions of them online and email them to you.
And I like Miles. Don't quite know why, but I do.
heidi said…
i LOVE the name parks. love it. love love it.
i noticed on your profile that you are a fan of the book rebecca. i just watched the movie yesterday and i LOVED it(like the name parks) and now i am going to read the book!
Lisa Brown said…
Hope you stay feeling better. I like Miles and Emerson best - very nice :).

And I love that cemetary - it is peaceful. I have to admitt that Boneville Cemetary totally freaks me out though - maybe because it is so big. I still go there though - too cool to pass up :).
Bree said…
I love your names so far! Funny that you have Emerson/Emery...
Emory is a family name on my dad's side so we've had it on our lists...but Emory and Avri might be a bit much. haha. Well, I hope you're doing great and that the bum pain eases up!!! I had the worst time on my feet...seriously I couldn't walk for more than 5 minutes before they started to KILL...maybe it had something to do with the fact that I gained 50 lbs!!! :D haha. Good luck getting things wrapped up and packed up!
sorry to hear about your butt pain. Only 26 days left, gee time is going by fast. Soon you will have a baby! Thats awesome you like the name parks, ryan and I were actually agreeing on that name for a possible boy one day. If you don't use Parks than Ryan and I will! lol (we don't care though of thats the name you choose. its a good name!!)
Olivia Jewell said…
oh dear, the joys of pregnancy. Well all I can say is it's amazing how fast those pains clear right up once the baby comes. It's like magic. ;)
I'm glad things are going good for you. Good luck. I can't wait to hear about your soon to be motherhood.
Cassandra said…
I've always liked Miles...Eric and I are actually going to use Hugh as a middle name (that was my dad's middle name)...I like 'em all though!
Michelle Claire said…
Emerson is a way cute name! I'm sorry about the pain! No fun... I'm excited to see you in a just a little bit!

Most Read