Poulsbo trip: Part one

Here I am, ignore my glasses - it was an early flight.

Here I am in my white, stretch limo traveling from the Seatac airport to the Bainbridge Ferry. Not bad for $30, when a taxi is just a few dollars less - and I had the whole car to myself. Pretty good way to start out the trip.

Even though we were gathering for a funeral, it was wonderful to catch up with my family and spend time at home. We had a great time celebrating my grandma's life, visiting and eating good food. And after a sweltering Savannah summer, western Washington felt like heaven.

Left: Tony, Anne, Debbie, Jen, Jon

My parents saw me when I was barely showing, but other than that no one had seen me pregnant. I felt thoroughly spoiled - my aunts made sure I was always comfortable and I even had people bringing me food. Yes, it was tough to go back to Savannah.

Jon and Grandpa visiting in the living room of my parent's home.

On Sunday, we went to church with my Grandpa and equaled about half of the ward. I was surprised to see his ward smaller than mine in Savannah. But there were a lot of great people, as we learned the next day when his ward was so supportive for the funeral.

Margaret, Anne and my mom visiting after a delicious meal with corn, potatoes, carrots, onions and zucchini from my mom's beautiful garden.

I wish I had a group picture of my family who came, but that is on my dad's camera. All six of my grandma's children and their spouses were there, along with about 14 grandkids and 4 great-grandkids (not counting the one in my belly).

Comments

Most Read