My wierdest St. Patrick's day weekend yet...
Thursday
Scott flew out to Denver for a conference and Leo kept me up all night with kennel cough. Before this, I had never heard a dog cough so it just sounded like he had something in his throat he kept trying to gag up. Only the gagging became more frequent until it was after vet hours and he was doing it every 10 minutes...ALL NIGHT LONG. Then I realized something was wrong.
Friday
I felt like the Scrooge of Savannah. As thousands walked up Bull St. towards the St. Patrick's Day celebration, dressed in bright green with shamrocks headbands and beaded necklaces, me and my coughing/puking dog walked against the crowd, trying to get to the vet. Normally, I would drive us but I knew it would take me longer in the car this morning and I would NEVER find parking by my apartment afterwards. So after a night of no sleep, we walked the 25 minutes to Dr. Bink's at 8:30 a.m. with me giving anti-st. paddy's glares to all the happy revelers who had plenty of sleep and energy.
Once Leo had some medicine in him, he stopped coughing/gagging long enough for us both to sleep. The marching bands and cheers of the parade was music to my ears compared with what I'd put up with the night before.
In the evening, I went to my friend Lisa's birthday party. She picked a fun Red Carpet theme, so we all got to dress up. After an evening of delicious chocolate fondue and cheese cake, I came home to police about to kick my neighbors out for partying to hard. Lucky for them, I was walking up the stairs the same time as the officer. Once he heard I was a key holder, he left his threat with me to deliver. I'm sure it helped that unlike everyone else in the historic district, I was sober. And I was dressed for the "red carpet" - that couldn't have hurt.
Saturday
I thought it was the end of the world. Just joking - but you seriously should have seen this lightning storm that caused a black out in 4 counties. Apparently, a tornado hit the power plant around 10 a.m., plunging all of Savannah into chaos and darkness - except for the magnificent lightning. I don't envy the police, who had to disrupt the 5,200 party-ers on River Street and tell them their St. Pattrick's day weekend was over without power.
Leo and I had a slumber party on the couch and I tried to read by candlelight - sounds so much cooler than it really was.
Sunday
Church was canceled and my power was out until 9 a.m. Scott comes home in a couple hours. And I have to go back to work tomorrow.
Scott flew out to Denver for a conference and Leo kept me up all night with kennel cough. Before this, I had never heard a dog cough so it just sounded like he had something in his throat he kept trying to gag up. Only the gagging became more frequent until it was after vet hours and he was doing it every 10 minutes...ALL NIGHT LONG. Then I realized something was wrong.
Friday
I felt like the Scrooge of Savannah. As thousands walked up Bull St. towards the St. Patrick's Day celebration, dressed in bright green with shamrocks headbands and beaded necklaces, me and my coughing/puking dog walked against the crowd, trying to get to the vet. Normally, I would drive us but I knew it would take me longer in the car this morning and I would NEVER find parking by my apartment afterwards. So after a night of no sleep, we walked the 25 minutes to Dr. Bink's at 8:30 a.m. with me giving anti-st. paddy's glares to all the happy revelers who had plenty of sleep and energy.
Once Leo had some medicine in him, he stopped coughing/gagging long enough for us both to sleep. The marching bands and cheers of the parade was music to my ears compared with what I'd put up with the night before.
In the evening, I went to my friend Lisa's birthday party. She picked a fun Red Carpet theme, so we all got to dress up. After an evening of delicious chocolate fondue and cheese cake, I came home to police about to kick my neighbors out for partying to hard. Lucky for them, I was walking up the stairs the same time as the officer. Once he heard I was a key holder, he left his threat with me to deliver. I'm sure it helped that unlike everyone else in the historic district, I was sober. And I was dressed for the "red carpet" - that couldn't have hurt.
Saturday
I thought it was the end of the world. Just joking - but you seriously should have seen this lightning storm that caused a black out in 4 counties. Apparently, a tornado hit the power plant around 10 a.m., plunging all of Savannah into chaos and darkness - except for the magnificent lightning. I don't envy the police, who had to disrupt the 5,200 party-ers on River Street and tell them their St. Pattrick's day weekend was over without power.
Leo and I had a slumber party on the couch and I tried to read by candlelight - sounds so much cooler than it really was.
Sunday
Church was canceled and my power was out until 9 a.m. Scott comes home in a couple hours. And I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Comments
And you are safe, so that's two St. Patrick's Day miracles!