Meet Willy
Ignore the green pollen covering sidewalks and cars, the sand gnats, and allergies and spring time is one of my favorite seasons. Colleen and I spent a relaxing morning knitting under this cherry tree in her new backyard. Leo ran around with his best friend Willy. If you haven't met Willy, know that he is the cutest dachshund around and definitely a tough little guy (see the picture below).
Yup, that's Leo's best friend. It cracks me up to watch them play together. Willy is a very sweet dog, he just happens to have large teeth and a vicious snarl.
So they played and we knit. Who could ask for a better morning? Then the boys came over and we went out to lunch to Queenies, where I had fried green tomatoes for the first time. Since moving to Savannah, I've had authentic fried chicken, corn pudding, collared greens, shrimp and grits, oysters, fried squash, and now fried green tomatoes. I'm almost southern - just give me a slice of red velvet cake.Tomorrow is Easter and I am grateful for the focus on remembering the Savior's atonement and resurrection. Happy Easter, everyone!

Comments