Fighting sleep and Monday morning blues

It's that time again... time for another lovely weekend to end, time for another long, work week, time for those awful Monday morning blues that start as soon as I set my alarm Sunday evening.

I'd rather be here again:

And I'd rather be eating nutella stuffed croissants for breakfast like I did in Italy, then the boring cereal or bagel I'll gulp down tomorrow.

This weekend was relaxing and lovely. Scott and I have a date night every Friday. He's been asking me to make crepes for a while, so we decided to have a "French" themed night at home. The funny part is, we filled up on our baked brie and didn't have room for the desert crepes - which was the point. So the fun will continue tomorrow night for family home evening. We also meant to watch a French movie - or one at least with a story in France - but couldn't agree on one. Instead we watched the opposite of a romantic, French film - "Invincible," which is a pure, America Football story. (And it was good).

It all reminded me that I want to go back to Europe. Someday... Maybe just in my dreams tonight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want to go back to Europe too. Too bad the husband is a travel nazi.
Unknown said…
I love that picture! you and I are so alike. I think i dream of travel at least 2 nights a week. I am a sucker for travel...and sometimes kenneth and i have to just 'pretend' with our favorite foods we learned to make while we were abroad. ah paris!
Melissa said…
I definitely do that too! There are certain things I love to eat, just to pretend. For example, I buy Barilla pasta because it was everywhere in Italy. So funny!
Jessica Marie said…
I wish I could go to Europe! SOMEDAY it WILL happen! Hope you are having a wonderful MONDAY! At least you have family home evening to look forward too and also those crepes! Yum! That sounds like a good idea! I think I'll have to make those this weekend! LOL!
Tony and Stef said…
Oh now all I can think of is the Nutella stuffed crepes I had in Paris-so delicious! I bought stuff to make them a couple months ago but haven't attempted it yet-that's what happenes when you have a husband that doesn't eat dessert!

Most Read