Wheeler Family Weekend Top 5

1. Going for a family drive in the country (including Leo). Picture a clear blue sky, awesome view of the Tetons and surrounding mountains, and the late afternoon sunlight. It was beautiful and I wanted out, so we went for a drive past Ashton. Originally, we were going to Mesa Falls until we realized it is probably snowed in (note: we once got stuck in snow driving out to Mesa Falls when we were in college. Luckily, someone came along with a tow rope. Probably a good idea not to repeat that mistake with a baby and skinny dog.) Plan B was to explore. Scott knows alot of back roads from photographing during his BYU-Idaho days and I had asked him to show me old abandoned farmhouses. There are a few homes that must have been impressive for their time that are now abandoned. They capture my imagination. Something about abandoned homes and old cemetaries... I guess I like to picture the people. I imagined the afternoon away, Scott drove and stopped periodically for pictures, Soren slept, Leo cuddled and stared out the window.

2. Finding out my Wii fit age is 24! Scott gave me a Wii Fit for Christmas. Since I was 9 months pregnant, I didn't care to let it weigh me and tell me how out of shape I was. Now that Soren is almost 2 months old, it is time. Last night my sister came over and we got the Wii Fit out. I was shocked to find out that, according to it, I'm not doing too bad! It made my night. And I didn't do too bad at the Balance Games, either. Anyone want to come over and play?

3. Hooking up our Dish Tv. While I can live just fine without tv, I was so happy to get it back yesterday! Our nice neighbor came down and helped us hook it up. No longer am I limited to the our DVD collection that I've watched a million times. No longer do I have an excuse not to know what is going on in the rest of the world (Yes, i like to watch the news! I can't help it - it comes with several years working on a newspaper and going into media relations).

4. Accepting my nerdy-ness and watching Battlestar Galactica with my husband. Now that the series is almost over, I am finally getting into it. Before, it was too much like a soap opera. I need to know the end is in sight to dedicate time.

5. Using 2 more biscuit containers! My grandmother's cousin had all the Cleavers in Rexburg over for dinner today. I had no problem contributing to the meal, seeing as my fridge is stocked with Extra Buttery Pillsbury Biscuits. My brother has also agreed to take a few off my hands. Although, I just got a few great comments about what I can do with all that dough. Maybe I don't need to get rid of them now. And I also discovered that each biscuit container has a coupon for 55 cents off my next purchase of pizza dough - we definitely eat pizza more than biscuits.

(And I said this was a "top 5" list, but if it was a "top 6" I would add that I am so excited to learn my cousin Logan and his fun wife Stephanie live a few blocks away from me.)

Comments

Jana said…
You're 24 on the fit. That's awesome! I'm watching Battlestar with Jeff and he has had to fill me in on past seasons.
Bree said…
Glad to hear you've gotten rid of some biscuits. Your grocery story cracked me up!!! Let's for sure get together this week. what about Wednesday? Or Friday? I'd love to try out the wii fit...but I'm sure I'll be like 56 or something! haha!! Talk to you soon!

Most Read