Baby Blessing


We had Soren blessed in our new ward on Feb. 1. My parents and I had arrived to Rexburg just a few days earlier after a long drive. The first day of our drive, the roads and weather were challenging, but Soren was great. The second day it was opposite - great weather and challenging Soren.

I'll be honest, driving into snowy, icy, Rexburg wasn't my favorite moment. I miss Savannah a lot. But I'm sure it will start to feel like home again soon. I do love having my brother, sister and Scott's sister so close.

Back to the baby blessing... My mom and I got Soren an adorable outfit from a seller on etsy. My favorite part was the little blue bow tie. I couldn't sleep very well the night before, which isn't unusual for me these days. But this time it was because I was excited! I even woke up early to make sure I was ready and we were all looking good. (Minor disapointment was trying on a pre-pregnancy skirt that I thought would fit, only to find out my thighs are bigger than I thought).

It was odd having my first baby blessed in a ward I had never attended, but my family was there so it still felt like home (complete different story when I tried to go to church by myself yesterday. I've never missed my ward in Savannah so much). Scott, my dad, my brother-in-law Ryan, brother-in-law Mick, Scott's dad and the bishopric were all part of the blessing circle. It was a beautiful blessing and I loved just cuddling Soren afterwards. For the first time, I realized he is actually going to grow up. He won't always depend so much on me or be there for me to cuddle whenever I want.
After church, my dad and I took more pictures of Soren - of course! Beside the blessing, the next highlight of the day was Soren smiling at me! It was perfectly captured on camera - how lucky are we! I was smiling at Soren and he looks up at me and grins back. It may have been a little copy-cat grin, but it was definitely more than a gas grin. I loved it!

What a cute boy! And I still love that blue bow tie. He would wear that outfit every day if I weren't worried about nasty formula-spit up stains.

Since the blessing, I've been busy unpacking and taking care of Soren. We had fun with Scott's mom last week. She was a huge help organizing my kitchen and pantry. Sadly, Scott got sick right before she left. It has been a rough couple days without any helpers, but Scott is kind of better now.


Comments

Amber said…
I love the picture of him smiling at you, how precious! Congrats on getting moved and try to enjoy every minute of the baby stage because it goes by so quickly. I can't believe my oldest is almost 8, he still feels like my baby :)
Anonymous said…
He is so adorable! I love the outfit and the grin. You look great too and your thighs will go back to normal, mine finally did around the 8 months mark.
I am sad to miss seeing your little guy grow.
It was nice to hear an update and I hope Scott is feeling better soon.
Sarah Jane said…
oh how adorable!!! so glad you have pictures! hope scott is feeling better soon, and you can enjoy your new place! Love you guys!
Katie said…
That cute little bow-tie is great! How cute. Sounds like you guys have had lots of fun adventures. Good luck back in Rexburg again! :)
J-R said…
That is a really cute outfit, and nothing beats the gummy smile!! You're so lucky to have caught it on camera so perfectly. He's definitely a cute little kid.
The Clifts said…
Those are the moments that make all the hard nights and spit up worth it. He is so cute. Already so big.
Natalie said…
Wow Melissa, he is so handsome. I think he looks a lot like you, same face shape. How neat! Congrats on the baby blessing and the move. I hope unpacking goes well and it starts feeling like home really soon. I love reading your updates! I can't wait to meet him. And his smile is beautiful, how fortunate to have those great pictures. And don't worry about your skirt not fitting, I think you look stunning!
Anonymous said…
I can't believe how much he's grown already! Wow! Love his little bow tie too.
Lisa Brown said…
Ahh! i just totally wrote a forever long comment to you Melissa, and it disappeared. Maybe you should just call me instead :) - or email me your number and I'll give you a call. Soren's blessing outfit is the cutest ever and I miss you!
Deanna said…
So glad you got that cute smile on camera. I'm also glad that you had lots of family at the blessing even though it was a new ward. We miss you too here in Savannah!
Selissa said…
That outfit is so cute! I love the bow tie. Derek had a little blue bow tie for his blessing too. Good luck in your new home.
Jana said…
He is adorable. I looks different from is baby pics already. I love the smiling at you picture. Don't those smiles make it worth it. I can't wait to meet him.
Paul and Susan said…
Those are precious pictures.
britni jean said…
melissa you look so happy and so does baby soren. he is lucky to have you as his mama! i really like soren's blessing outfit. if i ever have a baby boy i want one just like it!
Jessica Marie said…
He's got an adorable smile! :)

Most Read