My baby is the size of a lemon!
I enjoy reading the weekly updates that babycenter.com emails to me. This week I was thrilled to learn my baby is the size of a lemon! We've moved past the poppy seed phase, the peanut phase, the fig phase and even the lime phase. How exciting! So I bought a lime last week and forgot to take a picture of it. This week I was determined to remember with my lemon. You can't really see the shape of my stomach, but that's okay because it isn't that big anyway. Pretty boring for most, other than Scott and me.I may be small, but my pants are getting tighter. My prediction is that in another week or two, I'll be ready for some maternity clothes. With that in mind, I had fun shopping at Old Navy last night. They had a great 50 percent off sale, which justified me buying some pants and a couple tops.
And then I made my way over to the infant section and bought my first baby clothes! It was so exciting! And they were all on sale!I went with grey and white, long sleeve onesies and pants because you can't get any more neutral than that. It was a safe bet, since I don't yet know what I am having. I can always dress each piece up later with more color. And long sleeve is perfect, since the baby is due this winter and may possibly be moving to freezing Rexburg shortly after birth.

Aren't they adorable? This could be dangerous, I'll have to watch myself when I go shopping now. Well, it shouldn't be too dangerous yet...It will be after I know boy or girl. Right now we both think boy.
And here is an adorable little hat that was only 99 cents. What a deal! So cute! Again, perfect for winter.Now time for a story. The cashier who I bought my purchases from was extremely pregnant - I guessed about 8 months. She saw I was buying maternity clothes and said "You're not pregnant, are you?" And I said "Yes, I am! But I'm not showing much yet." Then she told me she was 4 months pregnant! She even admitted she looked like eight. I felt a little sheepish telling her I was 3.5 months pregnant. It was so weird how different we were! I didn't ask if it was also her first, but assumed so because she was so young. Then I tried to make her feel better by saying I had been pretty sick and lost weight my first trimester. She said she had, too - said she lost 2o lbs., but then gained it all back. Whoa! I left not sure what to think... Twins? Quintuplets?
Anyway, I've enjoyed energy slowly coming back. Above are two little bibs I made on top of a Mother Goose book I had when I was little. It is actually not the same book as mine, as mine got pretty beat up with torn pages and coloring. I found this one at a garage sale in California.Now that I'm more energetic, I'd also like to finish my friend Colleen's baby quilt (sorry I'm so slow, Colleen!). Ideally, I'd like to finish it before I know what I'm having, so that I can start my own after that. For Colleen and Nathan jr.'s, I have to machine quilt it and then bind it... hopefully that won't take me too long. I don't know because I've never made it this far on a quilting project before. When I complete it, it will be my first finished quilt.
Have a Happy Independence Day!!!!

Comments
Lovely pictures! Have fun shopping for maternity clothes! :)