a general update

I'm tired this morning and putting off getting ready for work. So why not an early morning blog post? Here are a few things going on lately....

- Leo ate my whole bowl of cereal when I turned my back this morning. Bad boy! Someone is getting sick later today and it won't be me.

- I finally started quilting Colleen's quilt, but I'm disappointed with the even-feed sewing foot I ordered from Singer.

- Yesterday, Leo and I went on our favorite walking route during the evening, as the sun was setting. We past the old oaks and houses on Jones Street, up Habersham, on Oglethorpe and then back on Bull. We always run into at least 3 friendly people on Bull who want to meet Leo - he loves it. It usually takes us about 40-45 minutes and Leo prances the whole way.

- I got sucked in to watching the Baby Borrowers last night

- Two nights before I actually watched the whole 3-hour finale of the Bacholerette (with Scott). Pathetic, I know.

- My friend Catherine taught me how to read crochet patterns and I am trying to make a baby's blanket. I don't think I've messed up yet....

- Two nights ago I stood in the kitchen and cried because I couldn't figure out what to eat. I said a couple ridiculous things that I knew were ridiculous, but I didn't care. Like "I just want my mom to cook for me," and "This just isn't fair" and "I need a chef. " Scott saved the night - he made me sit down, eat pretzels and then he made me a frozen chicken pot pie.

- Last night I talked with my cousin Andrea and she helped put a lot of my labor fears to rest. I'm so glad I called her!

Alright... I really should get ready for work now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I laughed about the cooking part. I totally know what you feel, I was lucky for a whort while and actually had my mom around to cook for me. Those fried eggs before work in the mornings really made my day.
britni jean said…
that's not fun having morning sickness. i sure hope it goes away soon and that you start feeling better. just remember, that it is all worth it in the end. also, i have a confession to make. i watch the entire 3 hour finale of the bacholerette too. i was actually surprise that she picked jesse. i thought for sure that she was going to pick jason.
your so funny melissa.
bethanyr32 said…
I remember sitting on the kitchen floor crying because I didn't know what to eat too. Makes me laugh now, but it sure was distressing at the time!
Lisa Brown said…
I miss you!! We have got to get together, and you can complain to me about being sick, being terrified, or whatever - I will totally understand :). Give me a call sometime.

PS. I went grocery shopping once when I was pregnant with Lily and came home with a loaf of French bread, and that is all. Everything else in the whole store looked gross :).
Jessica Marie said…
What a great day to start your morning with an empty bowl of dog slobber! I hope you will feel better! I watched the Bachelorette as well, with my roommate Mike! I can't believe Mike watched it with me and he got so into it! It was too funny when Kevin saw him watching it with me! LOL! Anyways...I'm actually glad she chose Jesse! He was very sweet and unique! That show sure sucks you right in. Anyways...feel better and eat eat eat!!!
Bree said…
I hope you'll post pics of the quilt! And reading about your morning sickness brings back too many pregnancy memories!! haha.
Are you on anything? My doc's nurse recommended Nytol+Vitamin B6. Didn't work for me, but it helped other girls. Then there's phenagrine (sp) or Zofran (which I took). Hope it gets WAY better soon, or that you can find something that works!!!! But like Britni said it really is worth it and it DOES get better! Love and miss you! :)
Ambyr said…
Been there, done that on the 'what to eat while pregnant thing'. It's so frustrating being so hungry yet having so many aversions! And the cravings can make you tired...Sometimes it's just like, I have to think of something or cook something to eat again!
Tony and Stef said…
CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for both of you! (By the way I think it's a girl!)CONGRATS again! :)

Most Read