When the sun shines

View from our window of the Olympic Mountains.

This is the view I woke up to this morning. When I flew in a couple weeks ago, my arrival made the weather change from sunshine to rain (surprise!). All I've seen is a solid mass of clouds, but there has been some lovely fog. However, when Scott showed up the clouds cleared up and we had sun.

I could spend all day in my room, gazing at the Olympic mountains. When my eyes are closed, the ridge outlines are easy to pull up. When I first lived in Savannah and missed the west coast, I would do that all the time. Now I can just look out the window, weather permitting.

Leo and I, walking up the hill after throwing balls in the old llama pasture.

Leo and I couldn't stand staying inside this morning. After Leo perched his paws on the windowsill repeatedly, staring longingly at all the grass to run across, we grabbed sweaters and went to throw balls in the field below our house.

Scott's photo capturing Melissa's pregnant belly walking Leo on Poulsbo's waterfront.

Later in the day, we walked along the waterfront of downtown Poulsbo which is one of my favorite places. Leo had his first experience with salwater and went crazy over all the new smells. We walked out on the docks and by all the cute stores. And of course anytime Scott and I are downtown, he makes me tell him about being First Princess on the Miss Poulsbo court. As such, I am the authority on all things Viking and Poulsbo.

I thought we would finish our walk with donuts from Sluy's bakery, only the trip really ended when a nasty bird pooped on my shoulder. Ugh - it was so gross. You know your husband loves you when he doesn't complain about wiping bird poop off your shoulder. You also know he loves you when he waits forever for your huffing-and-puffing pregnant self to catch up with him after walking up hills and stairs.

And for the record, this is the second time I've been hit by a bird bomb - the first time I was in NYC with Dave Nieman. At least this time, it didn't get in my hair or feel like someone had thrown a rock at my head.

Despite the nasty droppings, we had fun and thoroughly enjoyed being together as a family today. Oh Poulsbo, how nice it is to be back.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know what they say ... being pooped on by a bird brings good luck!
Anonymous said…
I am so jealous. And you still look so cute with your belly. Do I need to start calling you 'Your Royal Highness'?
Deanna said…
Glad you three are reunited again. I love Leo's sweater that Scott made. I miss the mountains!
Powell Family said…
That looks like fun. Super cute belly!
Jleebee said…
It must be so nice to have Scott there with you! You just keep getting cuter! Did you tell him that you were also Homecoming Queen that year...what is the tiara count up to?
Restless Mama said…
You're looking beautiful my dear! That's so crazy about the bird poop, I got pooped on 3 times when I was pregnant - thrice the luck ;o)
I can't wait for the arrival of your little guy! Lots of hugs going your way :o)
Dave said…
I totally remember that! What are the odds...
Michelle Claire said…
Yay! I'm so glad that Scott made it safely and you get to be with him! Pregnancy is so much more bearable if you have your hubby with you... not that you can't do it... but it's nicer. :) That view is awesome... lucky! I'm glad you're having fun!
Natalie said…
Sounds like you had a fun time. Your belly is so cute! I have a question, I saw that you have a link to Jana's blog, but it is set as private. Could you ask her to add me? I'm not sure how you get permission to see private blogs. My email is natalieparks@gmail.com. Thanks Melis!

Most Read