3,600 miles later
Two weeks ago, Scott and I said goodbye outside of our apartment in Savannah at 6:15 a.m. He hauled my three suitcases down all four flights of stairs and packed them into my friend Kirsten's Subaru, who was kind enough to drive me to the airport. I traveled to Washington the easy way - a 5 hour flight to Seattle with plenty of complimentary Delta cookies.
Scott traveled a more labor-intensive route. After loading our apartment into a truck, Scott, Leo and Jeff (Scott's brother) headed west in our little Honda. As I enjoyed my mom's home made meals, they lived off of fast food. I can only imagine how many Taco Bell drive thrus they experienced.
Now 3,600 miles and 13 states later, Scott and Leo have arrived in Poulsbo! It is so nice to have my boys with me again. There have been a few challenges to sort out - like Leo finding us in a house with more than one room and getting along with my parent's cat Molly - but overall it is great to feel settled for a little bit as a family.


Comments