Happy Thanksgiving!
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." - Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints
This quote has been on my mind lately. Thanksgiving is a great time to remember blessings and also remember that when we look for the good in our lives, we will recognize how much there is in life to enjoy.
My cousin Ann started posting a "12 days of Christmas" but for Thanksgiving. I just caught up on my blog reading yesterday and wish I had seen her idea a couple days ago to join in the festivities with her.
The other day, my mom and I ran into one of my former music teachers at the grocery store. Once she heard the recap, she told me that it sounds like I've got a pretty good life. In my head, my first thought was - wait a minute, I've got some crazy stuff going on right now. But then I quickly realized she was right. I do have a pretty good life with many things to be thankful about.
I'm thankful for:
1. My loving, supportive and entertaining husband
2. My kind and loving parents and brother and sister
3. A healthy pregnancy and coming-soon baby
4. My current break from work and opportunity to relax before the baby comes
5. Friends all over the country who are nice enough to keep in touch and read my blog
6. The beautiful northwest
7. Good books, good writers and friends who enjoy them as much as I do
8. My shadow - Leo, the Whippet
9. My faith and testimony in Jesus Christ
10. Enjoying the last 25 Thanksgivings and the Thanksgivings to come.
Food I'm excited to eat:
1. Grandma Cleaver's Noodles (now baked by my aunt Lisa)
2. Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (Colleen's delicious recipe that I am introducing to the Cleaver's this year)
3. My mom's Apple and Pecan pies
4. Deviled eggs
5. Sweet potatoes
6. Turkey and Stuffing
Hmm... I should just post the whole menu for the feast. Definitly not going to have room for more than two bites of everything. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments
~Jessica and Kevin Jensen~
I'm so glad you found my blog! When I saw the picture of you expecting, I broke down and cried! I'm so EXCITED for you! Just hard for me to believe you are THAT grown up (even though I know you are a grown married lady!) So glad to see you doing well and so happy!
When you mentioned you saw my mom, at first I was mad that she didn't tell me, but then I'm glad I got the "surprise" of the photo! Glad I don't have to wait very long to "meet" him! (Sorry it's been so long for you!) Enjoy the last month---it WILL go fast, and then a new life will begin!