Thrift and fun
On Saturday I went to the 60th annual Junior League Thrift Sale at the Savannah Civic center. Last year, I was there bright and early on the first day. True, I found good stuff - but I wasn't feeling like dealing with crowds this weekend. So I went the last day, after the crowds - but still enjoyed the 50% off-last-day prices. My favorite finds were several old paperbacks. I grabbed them to use in some book making projects. Although, I think I'll read the Alice and WOnderland book first - and scan some of the art inside.
As you can see, it has some pretty cute, old sketches. And the other two books' pages are nicely aged. I'd have a hard time cutting them - except I already have Pride and Prejudice and I don't really care to read the other one. Plus, they were 50 cents each!
So here is my first book all sewed together, before the cover is glued on. - I'm still learning how to do that part, it is my next leson from Scott. In the mean time, I keep making book-insides.
I had fun using scraps of sentences throughout the book, too. Each sentence says something random - like "I kissed her paternally on the cheek." It's pretty fun.Anyway, that is a little project I worked on this weekend. On Friday, Scott took me on a date to Outback Steakhouse, where we thought about the time he worked at an Outback in college, and I ate way too much Bloomin' Onion. I also enjoyed fabric shopping with my friend Catherine and watching General Conference with Scott and Leo on Sunday.

Comments