Monday morning blues

I've got the Monday morning blues, even though it isn't morning anymore. My Monday morning blues have gotten so bad, they start Saturday night in anticipation of my Saturday ending. I usually ignore them Sunday during church, but they hit me as soon as I wake up from my afternoon nap. And then the actual Monday is just painful - I drag myself everywhere, trying to avoid my new work week. Yuck!

Well, here are some things that comfort me on awful Mondays:

- One of my favorite blogs: Confessions of a Pioneer Woman - She makes me laugh everytime!

- LUNCH BREAKS! I've got to have them - and long ones when possible. Leo becomes my best friend and escape artist. As you know, we cover a lot of ground everyday. It's getting a little embarassing - both a policeman and bike-taxi driver asked me if I had been walking since the morning. They saw me once at 7 am and then later in the same area around noon.

- Dreaming of future projects looking here, here, and here

- Whining to everyone I see who I know feels the same way (Thanks Shannon and Colleen for alwasy listening!)

My only hope is that I'm cured by tomorrow. Hopefully, I can buck up and accept my fate for the next four days until my next weekend.

Comments

Jessica Marie said…
I think that most people feel the same way you do! I always get Monday morning blues! I don't look forward to Monday AT ALL! With my job, I deal with student discipline. Almost like a school principal. I'm not sure what goes on during the weekend, but if someone were to break the rules or get in trouble, guess who has to see them on Monday? ME. I get a little nervous if something really bad happened over the weekend, which means...more work, and possibly separating the student from the program. During the week, it's not so bad. Speaking of work...what exactly do you do? It sounds interesting that I know of! Also...I love your ideas and how you are doing a to do list for projects. That is definitely a goal I have for myself for the new year! I should get more crafty. Maybe I need to go to more Relief Society get togethers at church! Anyways, LOOKING FORWARD TO FRIDAY!!!
Lisa Brown said…
I am so sorry! I used to feel the Monday morning dread before I had kids. I know I will probably feel it again when Lily starts school. There is just something wonderful about having a free schedule. Hey, and if you ever need cheering up, let me know :).
The Patton's said…
Melissa, Snap out of it! j/k how are you? i went and came back from NC already sorry we didn't visit but guess what i got sick the first day we got there and was out of commission for about 3-4 days.much better now. although we thought something was seriously wrong with me. cause the whites of my eyes turned yellow. among others thing being wrong with me. i find out all the results to my tests tomorrow. well check out my blog when you get a chance i actually updated it. Love you Take care! "if you need me i'll be there" -Andrea
Heather said…
My dad always used to get into a real bad mood on Sunday nights - I totally understand why now. Monday's stink.

Most Read