Low Country Boil

Last spring I got a new hair dresser. As soon as she learned I was new to the south, she began quizzing me on what I've experienced. Have I had Shrimp and Grits? yes. Have I had fried chicken? Yes. Have I been to a Low Country Boil? No.

She just couldn't believe I had lived here for almost a year and not been to one yet. I felt like a looser - no one had invited us to one. I felt like even more of a looser when I learned how big a deal they are down here. Everyone and their grandma gets together for Low Country Boils.

Well, I am going to my first one tonight. Others have assured me that it is not that big of a deal, but I am still thrilled to experience another bit of southern culture. - Don't worry west coast friends, I'll tell you all about it ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just like pig pickin's. I had one or my wedding reception. Yes, I am a redneck.
Bree said…
So excited to hear about this low country boil!! Hope it was fun!
Jessica Marie said…
WAITING.....I want to hear about it! LOL! :)I hope you had a great time!

Most Read