An Ode to Summer
The weather has changed from sunny, hot and humid to rainy, cool and humid. When I left for work this morning, it was 63F! I finally had to bring out my old sweaters, but the winter coats are still packed away. What am I going to do when I live somewhere else after this? I am so spoiled and not accustomed to cool weather or rain any more.
The weather this morning was my first clue that summer has ended. The second was scrolling through my past blog posts. These last couple months have been great! I've had so many wonderful opportunities that have helped me grow.
In an ode to summer, I've decided to list several summer highlights:
- Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset with my aunt, uncle and cousins.
- Being mistaken for Portuguese on a flight to Rome
- Drinking out of a fountain in Rome, 20 minutes after my flight landed.
- Spending the day driving around the Umbrian and Tuscan coutryside on a Photosafari with only my dad
- Visiting with my sister on the beach at Tybee Island and realizing for the first time that we have become friends
- Spending an hour every Saturday morning wandering Savannah, before the heat hits, with my dog.
- Making and eating way too much homemade icecream with Scott.
- Meeting up with Scott in Paris after being separated for three weeks.
- Spending two vacations with my mom's sister and her family.
- Taking my first trip to Europe, and taking it with my family (which I never dreamed would happen.)
And the list could go on and on, but I have to go!
The weather this morning was my first clue that summer has ended. The second was scrolling through my past blog posts. These last couple months have been great! I've had so many wonderful opportunities that have helped me grow.
In an ode to summer, I've decided to list several summer highlights:
- Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset with my aunt, uncle and cousins.
- Being mistaken for Portuguese on a flight to Rome
- Drinking out of a fountain in Rome, 20 minutes after my flight landed.
- Spending the day driving around the Umbrian and Tuscan coutryside on a Photosafari with only my dad
- Visiting with my sister on the beach at Tybee Island and realizing for the first time that we have become friends
- Spending an hour every Saturday morning wandering Savannah, before the heat hits, with my dog.
- Making and eating way too much homemade icecream with Scott.
- Meeting up with Scott in Paris after being separated for three weeks.
- Spending two vacations with my mom's sister and her family.
- Taking my first trip to Europe, and taking it with my family (which I never dreamed would happen.)
And the list could go on and on, but I have to go!

Comments