Guess who turns 1-year this month?

Leo's first day with us. I believe he was about 8 weeks old.

That's right! Leo is celebrating his first birthday on Oct. 31!! And the great things is - everyone else will be celebrating, too. They may think it is for Halloween - but its really just one big party for the coolest whippet in the world.

I must have had a dream about his birthday last night, because before I was conciously awake, I was planning his party this morning. Yes - that's right - as I was shampooing my hair, in full-on "Dog Owner Cheesiness," was planning a party for my dog. Laugh if you want to, I don't care. But how could I not when it is so close to such a fun holiday. I'm already selecting the guest list: Leo's bf Willie, his buddy Austin from the dog park, his brother Zero, his neighbor Garrett, his Forsyth Park friend Arrff...and so the list goes on. He is a popular little guy.
And I think we'll make it a costume party, too. Austin's owner Torrie told me about this skeleton t-shirt for dogs at Target. I think Leo and all his ribsyness will wear it well. Do you remember the dog from Nightmare Before Christmas?

One more random Leo thought... Did you know he likes edamame? I know you're thinking "Edam-what?" It's just soy beans in a pod. And my dog is SO gourmet, that he knows to shell the pods and only eat the beans. That's right - he's classy. AND I found out he likes dried cranberries - but that's just weird.

Comments

Sarah Jane said…
melissa....I am sl glad to see that you have a blog too! Your dog is so cute, and I think it is not ironic that my babies like edamame too. Well, then, so do I!

Love the pics of the books you made! I would love to see more! You should do etsy. I love etsy!

I love the blogging world...nay more wright family takers?
Sarah Jane said…
'any' more wright family takers...I can't type:)
Anonymous said…
Okay, I want to come to Leo's party too, and you should make it a dress up party since his birthday is halloween. Plus that also means I have another excuse to wear my costume* and then me and Leo can be twinners.
*if I get the costume I want and I am not birthing a baby.
Lisa Brown said…
Okay, so I am totally lauging at you, but it's all good. it is really because of how when Kevin and I were at target this week we realized there wree more pet costumes than kid costumes :). Happy b-day Leo!!
Bree said…
Happy Birthday Leo!
Jessica Marie said…
Awwww! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEO!!! The costume party sounds so much fun! What a great idea! :)