Low Country Boil follow-up
Picture from here.My new obsession: Low Country Boils. As promised, I am going to tell all my west coast friends about Low Country Boil. If you look at the picture above, you get a good idea. Pretty much, there is a big basket of food prepared with "all you can eat" in mind. The Low Country Boil I went to last Friday night had shrimp (fresh from the ocean that day), red potatoes, corn on the cob, sausage, and onions. It was delicious! There was an endless supply of food and you could just eat until you couldn't move.
It was also my first time shelling my own shrimp - tearing off the legs grossed me out at first, but I got over that pretty fast. Scott doesn't like shrimp, so he wasn't as impressed with it. Me on the other hand... When is the next one?
My friend Cat is from North Carolina, and they have Pig Pickin's. It's pretty much the same as it sounds - cook a pig and eat it. Now I need to get an invitation to one of those. Cat??
It was also my first time shelling my own shrimp - tearing off the legs grossed me out at first, but I got over that pretty fast. Scott doesn't like shrimp, so he wasn't as impressed with it. Me on the other hand... When is the next one?
My friend Cat is from North Carolina, and they have Pig Pickin's. It's pretty much the same as it sounds - cook a pig and eat it. Now I need to get an invitation to one of those. Cat??

Comments