Dog-sitting

Scott and I dogsat for friends this last week. While they were off vacationing in San Francisco, we learned how to be pet owners.

Just picture little me walking these three big beauties - it was quite fun.

The black Lab is Shadow - she is very sweet and manages to sneak her tongue or head under my hand any chance she gets.

The yellow dog is Cooper - he is my valiant protector. He slept right by my bed every night. Seemly a gentle giant, once any dog approached us on our walk he pulled out the big guns - baring teeth and growling away.

The white and tan is Cheyenne - she is the energetic puppy who was always first to wake me up, first run outside and play and always knew when I was serving her food bowl - even when she was out in the back yard.

Scott and I both wanted dogs when we were little, yet somehow our families always settled for cats (which we still loved). These dogs are making us think again about wanting our own. But definitely no little yappy dogs - I'm all about the big, trained giants. Scott even walked a Great Dane today to learn more about owning them - and discovered that they might be a little too big for us.

Comments

Most Read