My new calling / My new job
Scott and I are the new Sunday School teachers for the 8 to 11 year old kids in our ward. We were asked last week and are excited to teach together. There are about 5 boys and 2 girls, with about 4 more girls joining the class in January. Along with preparing lessons every Sunday, I will be helping plan two activities a month for the girls. My friend Amber is in charge of the activities, so her and I got together today to plan for the rest of the year. My first activity is next Tuesday and the focus is on cooking. We're going to teach them how to read recipe cards and then make a few simple recipes. Tatertot casserole and Nutty Buddies, here we come.
And while I'm talking about church, I'll let you know that I gave a talk last Sunday during Sacrament Meeting on tithing. I feel like we are definitely being broken into the new ward.
Geez - I can't believe I almost forgot to mention my new job! Yup - I've been hired!!! I'll be working as a media relations manager for a local university. My first day is next week, so I have a few more days to relax - and do some mental prep. It's a huge relief to know I'll be employed with a pay check soon.
And while I'm talking about church, I'll let you know that I gave a talk last Sunday during Sacrament Meeting on tithing. I feel like we are definitely being broken into the new ward.
Geez - I can't believe I almost forgot to mention my new job! Yup - I've been hired!!! I'll be working as a media relations manager for a local university. My first day is next week, so I have a few more days to relax - and do some mental prep. It's a huge relief to know I'll be employed with a pay check soon.
Comments