Plums

They say taste and smell can take you back in time.

True! I've always believed this and I had a fun time reminiscing while eating a plum today. My first bite of sweet, juiciness brought me back to my Grandma's house. I was climbing her plum tree with Jonathan and we were picking ripe, purple plums and eating them. Then my Grandma walked over with a bucket and we filled it for her.

Sitting in a plum tree, licking sticky fingers and watching little birdies on a warm, sunny day. That is paradise. Can I be 10 again? But only for the fun days -- the climbing trees-kick the can-shell collecting-sunny days.

Comments

Jessica Marie said…
I know what you mean! We grew up to a plum tree and we also picked them at our grandparent's house! Sure does bring back memories, especially if you had the experience climbing the trees to pick them and EAT them! :)
Lisa Brown said…
How fun. That is how I feel when I smell sage brush. I grew up wandering around the hills of Northern Nevada, and sagebrush takes me back everytime.
Paul and Susan said…
What a nice memory.
I remember the plum tree too! That is a real nice memory! I was able to download Skype so we need to test it out! Also, did you get my e-mail??
Restless Mama said…
In fact you may just want to add this site to your Favorites:

http://www.thekitchn.com/

Everything looks oh so yummy.

Most Read