Happy Independence Day!

I love the 4th of July!

Sadly, I'll be missing out on fireworks and fun with the Cleavers in Washington, but I am looking forward to Scott having today off and taking Soren to his first parade this morning. Then we'll come home and relax before going to a friend's BBQ in Idaho Falls.

Idaho Falls has the best firework show this side of the Mississippi. We went a couple years ago with the Vanhooses. Jenna and I staked out our sight early in the day, just outside the Outback Steakhouse where our husbands were selling steak. The show was awesome - until the aftermath. It took us more than an hour just to get out of the parking lot and then forever to reach the freeway. This year, I'm hoping we'll miss that by watching them from our friends house away from the River.

We'll probably buy some snakes and sparklers - you know, "The good stuff."

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
It sounds like you had a nice 4th of July planned. I hope it was fun for you. We missed you guys too. I tried to take pictures, but with trying to feed and take care of 60 people, I didn't get very many. What did Soren think of the parade and the fireworks?
Lisa Brown said…
Sounds like a perfect day :). Hope you missed the traffic. We stayed home from the big show this year, but spent the last 2 years dealing with mess of traffic after the Savannah fireworks. And hearing about Idaho Falls makes me miss my sister who lives there . . .

Most Read