26

here are 26 random things, now that I am the big 2-6:

1. I made the most delicious pretzel buns to go with my turkey burgers yesterday. Recipe here (thanks Angus!).

2. Leo hurt his back-right paw somehow between when we went to bed last night and woke up this morning. I'm letting him take a sick day and not forcing him on our usual morning walk.

3. It's raining! (See - you can appreciate the rain when its been hot and sunny for 3 weeks and you don't have air conditioning AND have to water your lawn by moving the sprinkler to a million different spots every 20 minutes).

4. Scott is re-building a 1984 Schwinn bike. My living room looks like a shop. And now he's moved into the kitchen...

5. I have two good friends moving away today - boo hoo :( See ya later Stephanie and Sara! At least you'll be in Washington.

6. I have spied 20 little tomatoes on my cherry tomato plant.

7. Soren has a few new favorite activities. He waves his arm in excitement and makes happy sounds for the following: walking into the bathroom (because he knows he will get to look in the mirror), approaching the computer (for the keyboard he can't wait to get his fingers all over), and seeing my cell phone (for the pretty lights he can watch).

8. We ate yummy homemade pizzas at a Savannah-esque park we stumbled upon in Idaho Falls on my birthday.

9. I tried to buy cute clothes with birthday money, but the dressing room mirror helped me decide it would be better to invest in a pair of new running shoes and sports bra.

10. My neighbor is the sweetest - she took me to a delicious bagel shop for my birthday and then surprised me by taking me out for cup cakes and cocoa frappes.

11. Cup cakes + Cocoa frappes + a cup of lemonade from the little girl on the side of the road = A sugar coma that took me back to being 12-years-old at a slumber party.

12. Watching others stress over finals this week made me grateful I'm done with that one.

13. Wow...it is hard to think of 26 random things.

14. I'm playing phone tag with my cousin Tyler about our next family reunion.

15. Soren still has a stuffy nose, but at least he is eating better now.

16. I had to take Soren to the doctor on my birthday for a suspected ear infection. Luckily, no ear infection, but we had a close call with getting 2 vaccinations. The doctor took pity on me and said I could come back for them the next day.

17. Soren did awesome for the rest of his 6 month vaccinations.

18. Ate delicious Macaroni and Cheese (southern-style home made, not Kraft) with a side dish of roasted broccoli on Wednesday. Stephanie and Logan came over one last time before graduating and moving back to Washington.

19. Logan and I (and Stephanie) had fun watching the home videos my mom sent me for my birthday. There were a couple Cleaver Christmases from the 80s and a great pickleball match between our dads. Every one looked pretty cool! Costco transcribed them to dvd, so it is so much easier to watch. Instead of fast forwarding, you can skip to your favorite scenes.

20. Soren likes to talk on certain notes. We think they are A and G.

21. I need to buy spider traps and repellent now that it is almost august (the beginning of the dreaded aggressive hobo spider season).

22. Cheese was on sale for $1 at Albertsons this week. It was awesome.

23. Every time friends graduate, we get extra mayonnaise, soy sauce, mustard and whatever condiments are left in their cup boards. Stephanie and Logan had an especially good stash. Benefit of living in a college town.

24. We need all the benefits we can get living here when we have to deal with 9 months of cold winter.

25. My sister posted some cute pictures of us on her blog.

26. NUMBER 26!! I don't really have anything grand to say - I'm just glad to have had a nice birthday this week. And I'm thankful we are saying good bye to stuffy noses.

Comments

Sarah Jane said…
oh my goodness! Happy birthday!!! what a great list! and so glad to hear you are growing basil. Oh....my fav! LOVE YOU!
Andrea Grover said…
#8: Which park in I.F. is "Savannah-esque"? Since I've never been to Georgia (minus a layover in Atlanta), I have no idea which one fits into that category.
Lisa Brown said…
I loved your list! And that sugar coma sounds like fun :) - or the process of getting it. And I have those hobo spider traps all over my house (and had them in Savannah too). I bring them back from Idaho and use them to catch any of those huge cockroaches that get past the pest control. Ick!!
Paul and Susan said…
You did a good job coming up with 26 random things and they were interesting.

Most Read