Wedding Anniversary: 5 years
Scott and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday, Aug. 9. It is a little surprising, as it still doesn't feel like five years. We've had fun talking about when we were dating and all the little events that led up to the engagement and wedding.
Here are a few memories from our engagement:
- Elizabeth's great advice to me about moving forward with faith and blocking out fear.
- Ring shopping in Salt Lake and Idaho Falls; Scott made me try on the ring I ended up loving. (The first of many things he has made me try that I end up liking).
- Making the terrifying phone call to my parents that I was thinking about getting married. Don't know why that was so scary, they were so happy and helpful.
- Mothers' Weekend at BYU-Idaho with his mom and my mom
- Slicing off the tip of my pointer finger on my left hand a week before becoming officially engaged.
- Taking pictures meant for my family of my ugly ring hand and then having them accidentally sent to all of Scott's family, most of whom I hadn't met or hardly knew.
- Scott serenading me with his guitar on a moonlit stroll before proposing.
- Lot's of crazy wedding planning and fun visits back and forth between California and Washington.
Here are some memories from my wedding day:
- It was pouring when I woke up, but even though every one else was concerned for my outdoor reception, I was calm. I knew it would stop.
- Feeling numb on the ferry ride to Seattle and my sister-in-law Kirsten assuring me that was okay.
- Feeling surreal walking up to the temple and seeing my best friend Michelle having her wedding pictures taken on the lawn. (Michelle and I were married the same day).
- Spending time with Michelle and my mom in the brides dressing room.
- Being sealed to my best friend for time and eternity by my Grandpa Wright.
- Feeling happy, in love and peaceful.
- All the friends and family who greeted us outside the temple afterward.
- Hours of picture taking, followed by a fried chicken tail gate party while waiting to board the ferry back to Poulsbo for the reception.
- Sitting next to Scott in the car, trying to grasp that we were married.
- Feeling awed and amazed at how beautifully decorated my reception was. (My friend Matt's dad built a working fountain for the center!)
- Not throwing my bouquet very well.
- My prom date caught my garter.
- Eating delicious cake - my wedding cake was the best! Thanks Jenny!
I think I could go on and on... but I'll stop there. I am very blessed to have such a thoughtful, caring and kind husband. He is my best friend and I love him very much. And I'm so glad that he still serenades me with his guitar.

Comments
Love,
Mom